So as the holiday season approaches, we have one big thing that we have to think about outside of the food, presents, and money we’re about to get, and that is the traveling. Whether you’re going to Thanksgiving at your grandma’s in Chicago, your Aunt’s in Manhattan for Christmas, your BFF’s in Atlanta for New Years, or your mom’s for all three, who’s just a 30 minute car drive from you, There’s one thing that you’re going to need for all of this traveling: SNACKS! Snacking vegan used to be Celery and carrot sticks with no ranch, but some of these companies have made grabbing fast food and snacking increasingly easy for us. Whether it is healthy, kinda healthy, just a little unhealthy, or definitely unhealthy, we now have options! Below is my full guide for grabbing vegan food and snacks as you leave out on your beautiful holiday Quests.
If you’re in the mood for snacks, my top recommendations are:
- Doritos Sweet Chili (my favorite) or Blaze
- Lays Chips (Check Variety And Ingredients)
- Harvest Snaps (Mango Chile Lime is my favorite)
- Lenny and Larry’s Cookies (see variety)
- Unfrosted Pop Tarts (I like Strawberry, but that’s just me)
- Oreo’s (Grab a small beverage size bottle of almond milk if you’re really trying too have a good time).
- Nutter Butters
- Blue Diamond Almond Snacks (Wasabi Soy Sauce is my favorite)
- Fruit by the Foot
- Sabra Hummus Snack Packs
- Vegan Robb’s Puffs (see Variety) (I love the Cheddar Puffs and Dragon Puffs)
- Earth Balance Cheddar Squares, Aged White Cheddar Popcorn, and Aged White Cheddar Popcorn.
- Dang Sticky Rice Chips (See Variety)
- Celery Sticks and/or carrots (If that’s your thing)
If you want solid/ hot food before you hit the highway, my top recommendations are:
- Chipotle Sofritas or Sofrita-less entree (I usually do sofrita-less and recommend the bowl if you’re in the passenger or back seat)
- &Pizza, Mod Pizza or Kustom Pizza and Subs which has an assortment of vegan strombolis, pizzas, subs, and nuggets (Cause Sbarros’s ain’t where it’s happening)
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe wraps, bowls, and smoothies (see variety)
- Veggie or Ume Onigiri from Hana Japanese Market located on U Street
- Whole Foods and Mom’s have multiple Grab and Go Options (I highly recommend Both of their Sushi platters, and Mom’s Cold Sesame Noodles.
If you want to hit a rest stop or make a pit stop, my top recommendations are:
- Starbucks will make any latte with coconut milk, almond milk, or soy milk.
- Taco Bell’s 7-Layer Burrito (Order without Cheese or Sour Cream) with Cinnamon Twists on the side. (It’s really not complete without the cinnamon twists in my personal opinion).
- Panera’s Oatmeals, Soba Noodle Bowl, and Mediterranean Sandwich (without the feta cheese).
- Auntie Anne’s Cinnamon Pretzel (ask them to spray it with vegetable oil before they dip it in the cinnamon sugar, otherwise it is dipped in butter).